Avatar for Frd News

Master of Letters Degree Programs Requirements & Salary

The Master of Letters (MLitt, lat: Magister litterarum) is a postgraduate research Degree similar to the Master of Science or Master of Arts. In contrast to these degrees it is not that common and just awarded by select universities, mainly in the UK, Ireland and Australia.

What do you Call the Letters After a Person's Name?
Post-nominal letters, also called post-nominal initials, post-nominal titles or designatory letters, are letters placed after a person's name to indicate that that individual holds a position, academic degree, accreditation, office, military decoration, or honour, or is a member of a religious institute or fraternity.

Is a Dphil the Same as a Phd?
Difference between a PhD and a Dphil Watch. This displaced the existing Doctor of Philosophy degree in some Universities — for instance the D.Phil. (higher doctorate in the faculty of philosophy) at the University of St Andrews was discontinued and replaced with the Ph.D. (research doctorate).

Master of Letters Salary
The GCA research found the median salary for postgraduates grew by 5.5 per cent between 2008 and 2009, reaching $68,600 overall. Coursework masters degree graduates are the highest paid, with a median salary of $72,000, up $2000 from the previous year.

Master of Letters Requirements
An MLitt will usually have the same basic entry requirements as the degree it 'replaces' in a university's postgraduate portfolio. If you're applying for a taught MLitt, expect its admissions requirements to be similar to those for an MA. You'll need to hold a good Bachelors degree in an appropriate subject.

Do you put Letters after your name for a Masters Degree?
The only academic credentials (degrees) that you should list after your name at the top of the résumé should be doctorate level degrees, such as MD, DO, DDS, DVM, PhD, and EdD. A master's degree or bachelor's degree should never be included after your name.

What is the Title for Masters in Education?
The Master of Education (M.Ed. or Ed.M.; Latin Magister Educationis or Educationis Magister) is a master's degree awarded by universities in many countries. This degree in education often includes the following majors: curriculum and instruction, counseling, school psychology, and administration.

#Do you put Letters after your name for a Masters Degree#Is a Dphil the Same as a Phd#Master of Letters#Master of Letters Requirements#Master of Letters Salary#What do you Call the Letters After a Person's Name#What is the Title for Masters in Education